We value our relationship with you. Protecting the privacy of your and insured staff members’ personal information is of great importance to us. We want you to understand how and why we collect personal information, how we use it, your rights regarding this information, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
What type of information do we collect?
The personal information we collect about you and insured staff members may include:
- Name, Address, Phone Number, Email
- Marital Status
- Date of Birth
- Health Information / Medical History
How do we collect information about you?
We primarily collect personal information from you through the policy application process.
Why are we collecting personal information?
We may collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- Account Setup
- Evaluating Risks to be Covered
- Risk Modeling and Underwriting
- Customer Service Communications
- Payments to/from you
- Managing Insurance or Reinsurance Claims
- Defending or Prosecuting Legal Claims
- Investigating or Prosecuting Fraud
- Complying with Legal or Regulatory Obligations
- Direct Marketing Activities
Where does your information go?
We may need to transfer your and insured staff members’ personal information to our affiliates, agents or contractors, who are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We shall continue to protect any transferred personal information in keeping with all applicable privacy requirements. For more information, please contact the Data Protection Officer.
How long do we keep your information?
We shall keep personal information only so long as is necessary to provide services to you under your policy. Specifically, we shall keep your information for so long as a claim may be brought under the policy, or where we are required to keep personal information to satisfy legal or regulatory obligations.
Rights of you and insured staff members
Under certain circumstances, you and/or insured staff members have the right:
- To receive a copy of the personal information we have collected from you and/or them
- To receive further details of the use we make of the personal information
- To update or correct the personal information we hold
- To require us to delete any personal information we no longer have a lawful purpose to use
- To restrict our use of personal information
- If you and/or they are not satisfied with our use of personal information, to file a complaint with the appropriate supervisory authority.
There are specific conditions where we may need to restrict the rights described above, in order to safeguard the public interest (e.g., the prevention or detection of crime) or our interests (e.g., to maintain legal privilege).
How to Contact Us
Address any questions regarding our privacy practices or this Notice to our Data Protection Officer whose contact details are as follows:
Address: Data Protection Officer
AXIS Specialty Europe SE
71 Fenchurch Street
London EC3M 4BS
Telephone: 020 7877 3833
Get a quote
We've got your staff coveredGet a Quote
Cover for staff up to 75 years of ageOur Policies
Communicate with the parents at your school via our handy mobile appDiscover SAS Digital
As we deal exclusively in the education sector we offer a range of insurance products and services that have been specifically designed for schools and academies. These are explored fully on this site, but if you have any questions or queries please feel free to contact us to discuss them further, email@example.com or 01773 814400.